Announcing New Calculator Services!
Developers can use the Calculator Services to calculate either time spans or dates, including or excluding business days, in 170+ countries.
Reliable Working Date Calculations
Business days vary from country to country depending on several factors like national, local, or religious holidays, and different weekend conventions. The Calculator Services allow access to timeanddate.com's Time Zones and Holidays databases which are constantly being updated and extended.
Add or Subtract Working Days
The Business Date Service allows you to add or subtract a number of business days from a start date, taking into account the holiday and weekend schedule for a location of your choice.
Count Working Days
Perhaps you already know the end date and are more interested in how many actual working days are between a start date and end date? In this case, our Business Duration Service allows you to request the number of working days between the two dates you specify.
The returned data in XML or JSON will give you the information about which holidays exist in the period you requested. At the same time, the reply provides IDs and URLs that you can use in our Holidays Services to get even more information. We also return the data we have parsed from your request.
You can specify different parameters to customize your query, such as whether or not specific days should be included in the calculation, or excluded. Weekends and holidays can also be included or excluded in the same manner.
Get Started Now!
If you are not already a Time and Date API customer, you can start by visiting our Getting Started Page!
If you already are a Time and Date API customer, please visit our Calculator Packages!
After you're registered as a Time and Date API customer, you can start testing the APIs in our Query Builder.
Download our Holiday Data as Spreadsheets
We have previously launched our vast holiday database of over 120+ countries as a data download service available in CSV and XML-formats. As of today we are happy to announce that you can now generate and download spreadsheets for holidays in an open source spreadsheet format!
- Data-aware content - Unlike regular text formats, spreadsheets are aware of the types in each cell which allows you to perform actions and calculation based on each data type.
- Calendar layout - In addition to an overview of every holiday, you can also generate a calendar showing every day of the year.
- Software Compatibility - The spreadsheet is available in Open Office XML format, compatible with Microsoft Excel 2007 and later, LibreOffice, OpenOffice 3.0 and later.
In addition to the format-specific features of the spreadsheet, the dataset will include:
- Names and dates - Our team of researchers makes sure you can rely on this essential information.
- Types of holiday - Worldwide, National, Local, Religious and more.
- Locations - In which areas is the holiday observed?
- States - In which states, provinces, or territories of a country is it observed?
- Also includes several types of meta data associated with each holiday.
More Data Download Packages
Daylight Saving Time (DST) and time zone information for all countries worldwide.
Get astronomical data for a location of your choice.
New Feature: API Libraries for .NET and JVM
Our new native, open source libraries now allow software developers to take advantage of all our API Services with minimal coding efforts. The libraries are available for both .NET and JVM platforms.
One Class for Each Service
Our class libraries on .NET and JVM allows you to selectively use the specific service for which you have appropriate licenses, and specify individual access keys for each service. This allows you to take advantage of the specific policies you have created for each key, for your required usage.
In Your Own Terms
The libraries use accepted industry standards and conventions for each platform. Instead of a one-size-fits-all solution, the .NET library API is crafted to feel native for a .NET developer – and the JVM library for a JVM developer.
Get Accurate Information for Your Applications
Our researchers maintain and expand our database on a daily basis. We now offer accurate holiday data for over 120 countries, and more are added all the time.
The team closely monitors daylight saving time (DST) and time zone changes around the world, so you can rely on the information we provide. As an example, Uruguay just abolished DST while the Cayman Islands are expected to start their first ever DST period next year.
You will find these and more updates on our Time Zone News page.
Access Locations All Over The Globe
Our API supports querying locations in several ways, so you can choose the method that suits you best.
- Numeric IDs - These are unique, stable and will not change
- Textual IDs - Using countries and cities around the world
- Geographic coordinates - Specify the latitude and longitude for your requested location
- IATA and ICAO codes - Query for airports by using IATA / ICAO codes
- Time Service - Get current times around the globe, convert local times, etc. – all DST changes are taken into account
- Holiday Service - Access our vast database of holidays for over 120 countries
- Astronomy Service - Get information about Sun & Moon for locations all over the world
- Dial Code Service - Find out complete telephone codes from one location to another – includes country and area codes
Sample Code for .NET
var country = "no"; var service = new HolidaysService('accessKey', 'secretKey'); service.Types = HolidayType.Federal | HolidayType.Weekdays; var result = service.GetHolidaysForCountry(country);
Sample Code for JVM
Coordinates coordinates = new Coordinates(59.743m, 10.204m); LocationId place = new LocationId(coordinates); TADDateTime date = new TADDateTime(2015, 1, 1); AstronomyService service = new AstronomyService('accessKey', 'secretKey'); service.Types = EnumSet.of(AstronomyEventClass.Meridian, AstronomyEventClass.NauticalTwilight); List
astroInfo = service.getAstronomicalInfo(AstronomyObjectType.Moon, place, startDate, endDate);
These are just some of the different languages on the .NET and JVM platforms with interoperability with Java and C#. For the .NET platform, we also support Mono virtual machine.
- Native Languages
- Interop Languages
- Visual Basic.NET